A while ago, I started going through some of my go-to recipes. After, I realized I still had quite a few that I have never shared with you including this one for pork chops and beans.
This is one of my fav slow cooker recipes because you get your main dish and side in one. I have been making it since 2005. I love the flavors and the pork is best if you eat some beans along with each bite. Another great dish for summer!
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4–6 pork chops
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a skillet, cook bacon and set aside. Then cook the onion in the bacon fat in the same skillet until tender.
- In the slow cooker, add the cooked onion, beans, 1/2 ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Crumble the cooked bacon and mix into the mixture.
- Brown pork chop in skillet and place in the slow cooker on top of the bean mixture.
- In a bowl, mix together the sauce using the 2 tsp mustard, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and 1/4 cup ketchup. Spread sauce over the top of the chops, then place a lemon slice on top of each pork chop.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.