This is the third of 4 recipes I tried from Food on the Table with their “Food on the Table Challenge”. To see my review of their site visit this post. As I was choosing a recipe to try using pork chops, there were several that sounded absolutely delicious. However, I was afraid my family would not appreciate them as much as me so I picked something simple. I chose this Pork Chop and Potato Casserole recipe.
I was simple to make and enjoyed by all. However, I was hoping for a little more flavor. The onion didn’t add as much flavor to the pork chop and potato casserole as I hoped. I do think that next time, I would add an herb to the soup mixture like rosemary. Or maybe add some French fried onions along with the cheese during the last 20 minutes of baking.
- VEGETABLE OIL
- BONELESS PORK CHOPS
- CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
Pork Chop and Potato Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 10.75 ounce can can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 potatoes thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high-heat. Place the pork chops in the oil, and sear.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup and the milk. Arrange the potatoes and onions in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the browned chops over the potatoes and onions, then pour the soup mixture over all.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with the cheese, and bake for 20 more minutes.