If you love cheesesteaks, then this recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes is the easy way to make them. This version is made with ground beef and in sloppy joe form.
It has all the elements of a cheesesteak including cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. The meat mixture gets simmered in steak sauce and beef broth to add in flavor. At last it’s placed on a toasted bun with melted cheese.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 brat buns
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Add in the onion, pepper slices, and mushroom slices. Saute until veggies are soft.
- Sir in the steak sauce and beef broth. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce reduces by half.
- Toast the buns under the broiler with cheese until buns are toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve the meat mixture on the toasted buns. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Dinner, Dishes and Desserts.