I have shared a recipe for toasted ravioli before, but it requires deep frying it in oil. Today’s recipe for oven toasted ravioli is a healthier alternative because it is baked instead of fried.
My kids loved it. I must admit, I still prefer the fried version. However, this really is tasty for a baked version. Serve it with marinara or Alfredo sauce.
- 1 (25 oz) bag round frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- marinara or alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- dip ravioli in egg mixture followed by bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet. Once all ravioli is coated spray ravioli lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with marinara or Alfredo sauce. Makes about 24 ravioli.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.