I love a good chicken salad, especially when it is served on a flaky croissant. That is exactly how I served this orchard style chicken salad. However, feel free to serve it up however you want to.
This chicken salad includes celery for crunch and grapes halves for sweetness. Diced apple is also in there too, adding both crunch and sweetness. The base is simple and just uses mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
There is also sliced almonds included. I love the added flavor and crunch that they add to the salad. However, feel free to leave them out or use a different kind of nut. I think both walnuts and pecans would work well.
Orchard Style Chicken Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 red apple diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 30-35 seedless red grapes halved
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- To a bowl, add the chicken add chopped apples, celery, red grapes and mayonnaise. Fold in until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Store airtight and place salad in the refrigerator until chilled and ready to serve.
- To serve, stir salad thoroughly and and fold in slice almonds. Place measured dollops in the center of lettuce cups or on croissants. Makes 6-8 sandwiches or salads.