Here is another recipe that I discovered I have not shared yet. This one is for a one pot taco pasta dish. If you have tried my recipe for Hubby’s Favorite Casserole, it is very similar. It just has more of a Mexican flair.
The great thing I love about this dish is you make it all in one pot or pan. I like to make it in a large skillet. Plus, you only need 6 ingredients. First thin you do to make this is brown the ground beef in the skillet. Drain off any excess grease.
Next, you mix in some salsa, tomato sauce, and water. You want to combine this and bring it to a boil. When it’s boiling, you mix in egg noodles and corn. Then reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow to cook for about 12 minutes or so until the pasta is tender.
Last thing you do is sprinkle shredded cheese over the dish and allow it to melt. It’s that simple. Simple and delicious!
- GROUND BEEF
- TOMATO SAUCE
- EGG NOODLES
- FROZEN CORN
- CHEESE (I USED A COMBO OF MONTEREY JACK AND CHEDDAR)
One Pot Taco Pasta
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup shredded cheese I used a combo of Monterey jack and cheddar
- In a 12 inch skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the salsa, tomato sauce, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in the egg noodles and corn. Reduce to a simmer and cover. You allow it to simmer for about 12 minutes or so until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and cover for a minute or two until the cheese is fully melted and serve. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats.