Lasagna is a staple meal included in most family meal rotations. It is one of those meals that you know everyone will be happy to eat.
Well, today I have a quick version for One Pot Lasagna you make in 30 minutes and all in one pot! This is made with ground beef but you could always swap that out for Italian sausage if you want.
I love that veggies are incorporated into this dish. You have zucchini and mushrooms included which make this an all in one meal.
You top it all off with a spoonful of ricotta and some parmesan cheese. However, it you want the dish to be a little richer, you can even mix in a little ricotta before serving. It will make it a little creamy.
I also used this fun pasta shaped called Campanelle that I picked up at my local Smith’s (Kroger). It looks like little curled up lasagna noodles. However, just about any pasta shape will work just as good.
One Pot Lasagna
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 zucchini diced
- 12 oz of mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups of water
- 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups uncooked pasta I used Private Selection Italian Campanelle
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot (like a stock pot or Dutch oven), brown the ground beef with onion. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Then mix in the water, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, basil, onion powder, thyme, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add past to the pot and mix to combine and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat. Top each serving with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and a sprinkling of parmesan. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Wonky Wonderful.