This post may contain affiliate links.
This mini lemon yogurt cake is the perfect thing to make mom for mother’s day! What could be better than having your own little personal cake with a luscious lemon flavor.
This mini lemon yogurt cake is fairly simple make and can me made is a 6 inch round cake pan. However, I prefer to make it in a 3 cup Bundt pan. It just looks fancy when you make it in the Bundt cake. You could even give mom the mini Bundt pan along with the recipe for the cake so she could make her own little cake in the future. The Nordic 3 cup Bundt pan I purchased on Amazon even comes with a similar recipe on the packaging for a vanilla pound cake. Then mom would have 2 recipes to go along with the pan and the actual cake.
You also want to prep the pan with with baking spray. This is found right next to the regular non-stick cooking spray just on the baking isle of the grocery store. This is key to a foolproof removal of the cake from the Bundt pan with no problem.
How to make this cake
This mini cake begins by whisking together some flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, you will mix together some sugar along with the zest of a lemon. You want to mix this with a fork to help release those oils from the zest into the sugar.
Now, to that bowl of sugar, you add in some plain Greek yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Once that is combined with the sugar, it’s time to add in the dry ingredients. You mix the dry ingredients in just until the flour is absorbed. You don’t want to overmix this cake.
Next, the cake bakes at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Once the cake has cooked, you allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert it. This is essential to get the cake out of the pan with out any trouble. Once the cake is out of the pan and cooled completely, you top it with a glaze. This glaze is made with powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk. It is what really makes that lemon flavor pop for this cake.
- BAKING POWDER
- WHOLE MILK PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- CANOLA OIL
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- POWDERED SUGAR
Mini Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (from the lemon you zested)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 3 cup bundt pan or 6 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray. Baking spray is the key to easily removing the cake from the bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest together with a fork. Use the fork to mash the zest with the sugar. This will help to release the oils in the zest. Then add the yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla to sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix together just until the flour is absorbed. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. invert and remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients together to get it to a drizzling consistency. After the cake has cooled, drizzle with glaze, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
This recipe is adapted from Leigh Anne Wilkes.
Thank you for MINI LEMON YOGURT CAKE