Bread week continues with a fun twist on good old monkey bread – mini garlic monkey breads. The well know version of monkey bread usually consists of pieces of yeast dough individually covered in melted butter, cinnamon, sugar and chopped pecans then baked in a bundt cake pan.
Today’s recipe takes the classic from a sweet breakfast treat to a savory side that is perfect to accompany a bowl of soup or a plate of pasta. Instead of a yeast dough we are using biscuit dough from a can – one of my favorite shortcuts to use. Then the dough gets a coating of melted butter, galic, parsley and Parmesan cheese! Have I got you drooling? And don’t forget the mini aspect of these. They get their portion control from cooking in a muffin tin. These mini garlic monkey breads turned out so yummy! This will definitely be in my regular rotation now.
- BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- 2 (7.5 oz) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp. additional to sprinkle on top if desired
- Cut biscuits into 4 pieces and place in a bowl. I like to use kitchen shears of a pizza cutter to the cut up the biscuits.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, parsley, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese together and pour over the biscuit pieces.
- Gently toss the biscuit pieces to get evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Using a 12 cup muffin tin, place 6-7 pieces of the coated biscuit dough into each muffin cup. Use the additional 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of the breads in the muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 12 mini garlic monkey breads.