It is Easter week here at Real Mom Kitchen. I will be sharing recipes that you can easily add to your Easter dinner. Now, I have 3 side dishes for you including this Lemon Roasted Asparagus. I also have a new way to cook your ham. By the way, it involves a slow cooker. I also have a yummy dessert to finish it all of with. It should be a great week.
First up is an asparagus recipe. I always think of asparagus at Easter time. I also love to roast it in the oven. However, this version gives it a bright new twist with the addition of lemon along with some flavorful garlic. The lemon really lightens up the dish and gives it a nice fresh flavor. Give this asparagus a try with your Easter dinner.
- 2 lbs. of asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (I use kosher)
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon zest, and garlic together. Drizzle asparagus with the olive oil. Using your fingers, gently roll the asparagus to evenly coat with the oil. Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and pepper. Again, lightly roll the asparagus so the salt and pepper gets evenly distributed.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, checking often the last one to two minutes of baking, until the asparagus is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious April/May 2014 issue.