I am sure you have all had muddy buddies before. This is a variation with a nice Spring twist of lemon. These lemon buddies are so yummy and so easy. It is the perfect quick gift. It would be perfect for Mother’s Day. Just put some in a cellophane bag with a ribbon and you are good. I also found some cute free printables that you could add to your gift at Anders Ruff, Project Nursery, and Catch My Party.
I also think it would be cute to include this in a lemon or yellow themed gift basket. You could get anything yellow like kitchen towels or dish rags. You could also go with anything lemon like lotion, soap, body wash, etc.
I also thought this would be a great gift to drop off to a friend who just needs a pick me up. You could add a tag that says “When life gives you lemons make something sweet”. Then you could also include the recipe on a card. Wouldn’t that just be the perfect thing to cheer someone up!
Of course a bag of these along with a certificate for my cookbook would also be an excellent gift! My cookbook is now available for pre-order and will be released in August. There is a free printable certificate to give now as the gift and them the book will arrive in August.
I also have a review today for you on my review page so be sure to check that out too!
Real Mom Kitchen
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 ¼ cups white vanilla baking chips
- ¼ cup butter
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp juice from the zested lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure rice chex into a large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwave safe bowl, microwave chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 20 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Then stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the melted mixture over cereal, then carefully until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool. Once cooled, store in airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Chex.com