I am sure you have all had muddy buddies before. This is a variation with a nice Spring twist of lemon. This is so yummy and so easy. It is the perfect quick gift. It would be perfect for Mother’s Day. Just put some in a cellophane bag with a ribbon and you are good. I also found some cute free printables that you could add to your gift at Anders Ruff, Project Nursery, and Catch My Party.
I also think it would be cute to include this in a lemon or yellow themed gift basket. You could get anything yellow like kitchen towels or dish rags. You could also go with anything lemon like lotion, soap, body wash, etc.
I also thought this would be a great gift to drop off to a friend who just needs a pick me up. You could add a tag that says “When life gives you lemons make something sweet”. Then you could also include the recipe on a card. Wouldn’t that just be the perfect thing to cheer someone up!
Of course a bag of these along with a certificate for my cookbook would also be an excellent gift! My cookbook is now available for pre-order and will be released in August. There is a free printable certificate to give now as the gift and them the book will arrive in August.
I also have a review today for you on my review page so be sure to check that out too!
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons juice from the zested lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure rice chex into a large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwave safe bowl, microwave chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave about 20 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Then stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour the melted mixture over cereal, then carefully until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool. Once cooled, store in airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Chex.com