These lemon Swedish pancakes were probably my favorite of the lemon recipes this week. I love a good breakfast and these were a perfect way to start the day.
The pancake itself has some lemon zest in it, but then the pancake gets topped with lemon curd! Lemon curd is a must for any lemon lover. Now you can make your own, I have an easy microwave recipe for that. Or you can just buy some from the store. My favorite is Dickinson and it can be found at the store with the jams and jellies.
Whipped cream and fresh berries finish off these pancakes. I really prefer blackberries or raspberries on these. Lemon and berries are another winning combination in my book.
Lemon Swedish Pancakes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup lemon curd store bought or homemade
- whipped cream
- fresh berries I like blackberries or raspberries
- powdered sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs with a mixer until thick and lemon colored. Add milk and vanilla, beat until combined
- Add in flour, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Beat until smooth (batter will be thin).
- Heat a 10 inch non stick skillet, add in about 1 tsp butter to the skillet and coat the pan.
- Pour ⅓ C of pancake batter into pan and tilt so that batter covers bottom of pan.
- Cook until golden brown and flip, cook until other side is golden brown. About 1 minute each side.
- Invert onto a square of parchment or waxed paper.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, spread about 1-2 Tbsp of lemon curd on half of the pancake. Fold in half and then in half again.
- Dust with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream and berries. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Your Homebased Mom.