I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. I’ve had a couple of crazy days. We’ve been hit with snow the past two days. It’s the most snow we have seen in the 12 years that we have lived in our home. The next few days, I’ll share some recipes I made for Christmas Eve. With New Years now approaching, these recipes may come in handy for a New Years Eve party. Today’s recipe for Laura’s Smokies is something my kids love. They expect every year when Christmas rolls around. We enjoy it each Christmas eve.
It’s so simple to make. It couldn’t get much easier than this and you get to use your crock pot. Now, I am very particular about the type of smokies I use. I usually prefer the John Morrell brand. I you get the Hillshire Farm brand make sure it’s the ones called Lit’l Smokies. Also, I use the Yoshida’s Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce. My local Sam’s Club has carried large bottles for a good price. However, it’s a seasonal item and will not be available soon.
- SMOKIES (COCKTAIL SAUSAGES)
- YOSHIDA’S HAWAIIAN SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
Real Mom Kitchen
- Smokies cocktail sausages
- Yoshida's Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Put smokies into your crock pot. Put enough sauce in there to cover and coat those little smokies and cook on low for 4 hours.