For soup week, I had to include an Instant Pot soup. I love Pasta e Fagioli soup from Olive Garden. So why not an Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli?
This soup is made of ground beef, celery, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and ditalini pasta. My husband is kind of picky and I was worried if he would like this soup. When I served this and was discussing the soup with him, he said to keep it just the way it is. He liked it just the way I made it.
I served this up with some easy cheese rolls. I will share that recipe with you all next week. So be on the look out for that recipe too.
Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 14.5 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn Instant Pot on to the sauté function. Add in the onion and ground beef. Cook until beef is fully cooked and drain off any excess grease.
- Add in garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in tomato soup and broth.
- Add celery, carrots, peppers, and beans to mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add in the pasta along with the seasonings and stir to combine. Make sure all pasta is in the liquid.
- Turn Instant Pot on to manual and set to cook for 5 minutes. Make sure the valve is turned to seal. When timer goes off, do a quick release. Serves 6.