The amazing Instant Pot produces another delicious dinner, this one is an Instant Pot Hamburger Soup. This soup reminds me of one my mom would make as I was growing up. However, she used something called “soup Starter”.
Soup starter was a product the included dried vegetables, powder for stock and pasta. You would add water and whatever meat the soup starter was geared for. My favorite was vegetable beef.
This Instant Pot version is similar but uses frozen vegetables and fresh potatoes. You use red or Yukon gold potatoes. That way it isn’t necessary to peel them. There is even canned diced tomatoes in there too.
The base it self is beef broth, tomato sauce, and spices. The beef used is ground beef. Last, don’t forget about the pasta. I use elbow macaroni.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 red or Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen veggies (I used a carrot, peas, green bean and corn mix)
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- Turn on the Instant Pot on to saute and add ground beef and onion to the pot. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Stir well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Make sure the pressure valve set to seal. Set to manual for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure. Serve immediately. Serves 6-8.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Fit Foodie Finds.