This Instant Pot creamy tortellini soup is a tasty and quick way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
This simple soup is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. You can add in some cook turkey to this Instant Pot creamy tortellini soup. However, if you don’t have turkey then chicken will work just as well.
It all starts with some butter melted in the pot. Then you add in some onion, carrot, and celery. You cook this on sauté mode until the onion is tender. Then you add in some mixed garlic and salt. Give it a stir. Now you mix in some flour quickly trying to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pot.
Next you add in some water to deglaze the pan. Making sure to loosen and bits that may have stuck to the pan. Doing this will prevent you from getting a burn error. Then you add in some Bette Than Bouillon, thyme, oregano, pepper, tortellini, and corn. Now the cooking comes in. You only need to set it to cook for 1 minute. Follow with a natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Then remove any remaining pressure with a quick release.
At this point, you will add in some heavy whipping cream and cook on sauté mode to thicken. This is followed by turning off the heat and mixing in the two cheeses until melted and combined. Last, you add in the cook chicken and allow it to warm through before serving. This is a bowl of creamy comfort goodness.
I really feel you could lessen the amount of turkey or chicken to 1 cup and up the amount of tortellini to compensate. You could even go meatless and use all tortellini and no chicken. Any combination will be equally tasty here.
- BETTER THAN BOUILLON
- GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- FROZEN TORTELLINI
- FROZEN CORN
- WHIPPING CREAM
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- COOKED TURKEY OR CHICKEN
Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- salt to taste
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 4 ½ cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 oz frozen tortellini
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté mode. Add the butter to the pot. When the butter begins to melt add the onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the onion begins to soften. Season with salt and add in the garlic and stir to combine.
- Turn off the instant pot and allow the pot to cool down a bit. Add the flour and stir briskly for just 30 seconds. Just until the flour is combined with the butter. Be careful so the flour will not stick at the bottom of the pot or you could get a BURN notification. Immediately pour the water and deglaze the pot scraping the sides & the bottom of the pot with the help of your spatula. This will help loosen any stuck food particles and prevent the BURN error.
- Add in the Better Than Bouillon, thyme, oregano, pepper, tortellini, and corn. Give everything a stir. Stir to combine. Set to pressure cook on HIGH for 1 min. Once, the cooking cycle is over, allow 5 minutes for a natural pressure release and than release the rest of the pressure manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position. Remove the lid.
- Now, add the cream, mix well. Cook on sauté mode to thicken. Turn off sauté mode. Add the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Stir well until the cheeses completely melts to form the creamy soup base. Add in the turkey or chicken and allow to warm through. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from Foodies Terminal.