The men in my life love beef and potatoes. Today, I have an easy recipe for an instant pot version of beef and potatoes. It is so delicious.
The spice mixture is keep to make this dish have fabulous flavor. The rest is ground beef, potatoes, broth, and cheese. I’m telling ya, simple ingredients but the spices are key. After cooking, the broth gets saucy and almost gravy like.
The other ket thing to making this is you need a slicer for the potato. You want nice, uniform slices. Use a mandolin, the slicer on a food processor, or even a box grater may have a slicing side. You just need it to be thick enough of a slice.Print
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and rosemary together. Set aside.
- In the Instant Pot, add the ground beef and turn on to saute. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain and transfer beef to another dish.
- Add 1/2 cup broth in the instant pot and be sure to use the broth to deglaze the pot. You want all those bits from the beef off the bottom of the pan or you can get a burn warning. Next add 1/3 of the sliced potatoes, 1/3 of the ground beef, 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the spice mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Pour the remaining 3/4 cup broth over the top, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is turned to seal.
- Cook on manual for 15 minutes.
- When done do a quick-release. Serve topped with parsley if desired. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Intant Pot
- Cuisine: American