The one thing that I am especially loving to make is pasta dishes. I’ve recently tried out 3 different recipes involving pasta and absolutely love them all! This instant pot baked ziti recipe is one of the three.
It takes no time at all to make pasta in it. It actually takes more time to come to pressure then it does to cook in the instant pot.
- 1 1/4 lbs. Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (25 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. dry ziti pasta
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant pot on to saute. Add in sausage, olive oil, and onion. Cook until sausage is fully cooked and drain off any excess grease. Add in garlic and just saute until fragrant.
- Turn instant pot off. Add in the tomatoes, marinara, water, basil, oregano, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and dry pasta. Stir together making sure pasta is all submersed in the mixture.
- Place lid on instant pot and make sure pressure valve is closed.
- Turn to beans/chili function and set for 5 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, release pressure manually. With pasta, sometimes the manual release with have white stuff come spraying out of the valve. I find once that starts to happen, if you close the valve and then open it up again, it stops doing that.
- Stir in or sprinkle cheese over the top of the cooked dish and serve. Serves 4-6.
Stove top preparation: prepare as listed in step 1 but in a stock pot. Then continue with step 2 but only use 1 cup of water. Then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until pasta is tender. Then follow step 6.
- Category: main, dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Latest.