During the summer I do get the occasional craving for a baked potato with my meal. However, heating up the oven to cook them is just not worth it. I don’t want to make my house all hot. That is why instant pot baked potatoes are a great option.
A few year ago, I did discover how to do baking potatoes in a slow cooker. It’s a great option for summer but you do have to plan ahead since it does take 8 hours to make. I don’t always have my sides planned ahead so 8 hours just doesn’t always work when I finally get around to making dinner.
With the new addition of the instant pot to the collection of culinary tools in my kitchen, I had to try cooking baking potatoes in the instant pot. I always love them best in the oven. I love the crispy skin you get from baking them in the oven. However, the instant pot version it is a great alternative for any summer meals.
- 2 to 6 baking potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- Prick each potatoes several times with a fork.
- Add the steaming basket to your instant pot. If you don’t have one you can use a regular metal steaming basket.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the instant pot and then stack potatoes on top of the steam basket.
- Place the lid on and make sure vent it closed.
- Turn to manual. For medium sized potatoes, cook for 20 minutes. For larger potatoes, cook for 30 minutes.
- When done to a quick release of pressure.
Recipe adapted from eHow.