The weather outside may be frightful but this indoor bbq chicken is delightful. Just because it isn’t summer doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some yummy barbecue chicken. This meal comes together quickly only taking around 25 minutes to make.
It has plenty of saucy and would be perfect to serve over a bed of cooked rice. The sauce has the perfect bbq flavor too. I found this indoor bbq chicken recipe over at Sweet and Savory Tooth who adapted it from America’s Test Kitchen. America’s Test Kitchen is something I recently discovered and love it. I don’t know why I didn’t know about it before!
- BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- SALT AND PEPPER
- CANOLA OIL
- CIDER VINEGAR
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- DIJON MUSTARD
- MAPLE SYRUP
- RED PEPPER FLAKES
Indoor BBQ Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pound chicken as needed to even out the thickness of the breasts. Pat dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and coo until lightly brown on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken from the skillet to a plate and set aside..
- Add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients while scraping up any browned bits for the bottom of the skillet.
- Turn the heat to low. Place the chicken to the skillet, with any accumulated chicken juice, and coat with the sauce.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serves 4 people.