I love wassail and spiced cider. I make it every year for Halloween. My family was mad I was trying something new, but they were happy once they drank this. Delicious.
I love that this is done in the crock pot also. Just put it all in the crock pot and forget about it until it’s time to drink it.
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 orange, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover;cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- To serve strain (I put my cloves in a small piece of cheese cloth so I don’t have to strain, I just scoop out the orange, cinnamon, and cheese cloth bundle) and discard spices and orange.