This post may contain affiliate links.
Today, I am sharing a healthy version of my my teriyaki ground beef recipe. With just a few tweaks, I was able to make a healthier version that is just as tasty.
One of the main changes to the recipe is I used Monk Fruit sweetener in place of the sugar. The 1/4 cup of sugar in the recipe is 194 calories where the Monk Fruit sweetener is 0 calories. The Lakanto brand I use can be substituted for the exact same amount of sugar. So 1/4 cup for the 1/4 cup sugar.
The over thing I did was served this over cauliflower rice rather than cooked white rice. For 1 cup of white rice it’s 206 calories versus 25 calories for 1 cup riced cauliflower. Now, I was the only one that ate it with thee cauliflower rice. My husband and daughter ate the healthy teriyaki ground beef with white rice. This is what I love about recipes like this. I can adapt it for me but it also works for the family.
I got my riced cauliflower from Costco. They have a big bag with a bunch of small microwavable bags. So I was able to eat this for dinner and also enjoy some leftovers the next day for lunch. However, you can pretty much find riced cauliflower in the freezer section of most grocery stores. Or you can make your own by using a food processor.
- LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE
- LACANTO MONK FRUIT SWEETENER
- APPLE CIDER
- GROUND BEEF
- COOKED CAULIFLOWER RICE
- GREEN ONION, OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH
- SESAME SEEDS, OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH
Healthy Teriyaki Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Lacanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 1/2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb ground beef
- cooked cauliflower rice
- 2 diced green onion, optional for garnish
- sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef until fully cooked and drain off any excess grease.
- Add sauce to the beef and stir to combine.
- Serve beef over cooked cauliflower rice. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Serves 4-6
Real Mom Kitchen Original recipe.