When I think of grilled sandwiches, I usually think of grilled cheese or grilled ham and cheese. I also think of a grilled tuna and cheese. That’s usually where my mind goes. Not a grilled turkey and provolone sandwich!
However, you can take just about any sandwich and make it even better just by grilling it like with this Grilled Turkey. Buttery toasted bread has a nice crisp texture to it along with that slightly salty flavor you get from the butter. I used regular white sandwich bread when I made these. However, slices of French bread or sour dough bread would work nicely here.
In between that crispy buttery bread, you have some thinly sliced deli turkey. You also have sliced provolone cheese, sliced tomato, and mayonnaise. This is delicious! However, I do think you could use pesto mayonnaise and it would be even more fabulous. Or leave the mayo as is and swap the provolone cheese for some pepper jack cheese. This grilled turkey sandwich is definitely worth a try!
- THINLY SLICED DELI TURKEY
- PROVOLONE CHEESE
- 8 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2/3 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- Spread 4 slices of the bread with mayonnaise. Then on top of the mayo layer with turkey, tomato and cheese. Top each with the remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. On a hot griddle, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.