I got this idea for grilled peach dessert from a segment that was on a local TV show called Studio 5. My mom recently brought me a box of fresh peaches. I tend to be a purest when it come to peaches. I usually prefer them best fresh with a little sugar and milk. That’s how I like to eat them. However, being the foodie I am, I can’t have a full box of peaches and not try them in a bunch of recipes.
So this was my first try and I have more to come. I must say this now my FAVORITE way to eat a peach. I was in peach heaven eating this little grilled packet of goodness! My boys were turning their nose up at it at first. Once we got them to try it, they were equally hooked. The only fruit I have ever grilled before was pineapple. Apparently I’ve been missing out.
Plus, these are simple to put together. I also skin my peaches. If you don’t know the trick to easily skin a peach, here ya go. Place them in boiling water for 30 seconds, then put them in cold water. The skin will come of easily after that. I usually fill my sink with cold water and throw in a couple handfuls of ice for the cold water portion.
- NABISCO CLASSICS SPICE CINNAMON COOKIES (GINGERSNAPS COULD BE USED TOO)
- FRESH PEACHES
- LEMON JUICE
For each dessert pocket:
- 3 Nabisco Classics Spice cinnamon cookies (Gingersnaps could be used too, but you’ll probably only need 1 or 2.
- The Nabisco cookies are the size of Nilla wafers)
- 1 –2 peaches, sliced (the amount depends on the size of the peach)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Crumble cookie in a large piece of tin foil. In a bowl, mix the peach slices with the lemon juice. Place the peaches on the cookie crumbs and sprinkle sugar over peaches. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and top with butter.
- Seal foil and place on grill on medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes. That’s it! You could also top it with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream when done, but I like it just the way it is.