Sometime pasta just isn’t something that I tend to cook during the summer. However, I recently tried a gnocchi recipe that is coated in an easy sun-dried tomato and basil sauce. It comes together in about 15 minutes and is simple enough it will be on my summer menus for sure.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Basil Gnocchi dish and fresh basil is a key ingredient to give it that fresh flavor. The sun-dried tomatoes are the other key ingredient that gives this sauce there amazing flavor.
The pasta used for this is gnocchi with is often found in that famous chicken and gnocchi soup from Olive Garden. It was a nice change from just regular old pasta noodles, but could be easily switched out if you have super picky eaters at your home for something else.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 lb uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Generous handful fresh basil sliced thin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, add in butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, and broth. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cream and gnocchi. Stir to combine and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan and basil and cook for a couple more minutes or until gnocchi is fully cooked. Season with salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Salt and Lavender.