Pizza is one of those top food items that is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday. There is about 4 million pizzas that hungry football fans enjoy as part of their Super Bowl feast, according to Food and Wine.
With pizza, many times some type of garlic bread or garlic breadsticks can be found as a side. Well why not just combine the 2 and make life easier? Hey, that is exactly what I have for you today – a combination of garlic bread and pizza.
I mean it only would make sense to use that garlic bread as a crust for your pizzas, right? For this version, I made life easy and used frozen slices of garlic toast. I get mine in bulk from Sam’s Club. You just use then straight from the freezer.
Then you just top each slice with a little sauce, some cheese, and whatever toppings you like. I just used good old pepperoni on these. It’s a crowd favorite and ready in under 10 minutes!
- 1 (11.25 oz) pkg of frozen Texas Toast Garlic Bread (8 slices)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices or other desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the slices of garlic toast out on a baking sheet. Spread a spoonful of sauce over each slice.
- Sprinkle each slice with cheese, then top with pepperoni slices or desired toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted. If you like your cheese extra melty, you can then broil the pizzas for a minute or two. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Diaries.