First off, I have a simple appetizer. I wanted to get one that had Thanksgiving flair, but this really could work for anytime during the holidays. I also wanted something that would be quick and easy to make but wanted it to be special too. This fruit and caramel brie would be a great way to start off your Thanksgiving meal.Print
- 1 round (13.25 oz) Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Sliced baguette bread or crackers
- Remove the rind from the Brie and place the cheese round in a microwave-safe serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the Brie.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Now that you have a simple fruit and caramel brie appetizer for the holidays, I want to share with you some new products from GE Café™ that can also help make your holiday cooking easier. First is the new GE Café™ Double Oven Range. Who couldn’t use two ovens when preparing for a meal like Thanksgiving?
The cook-top has:
- Tri-ring burner – goes as high as 20K BTUs (most powerful GE Café™ has ever made)
- Allows for GE’s most powerful boiling technology but can also be brought down to a simmer
- Can adjust to pan size
- Distinct Simmer burner – 5K BTUs
- Integrated non-stick griddle (8K BTUs)
The oven has:
- 6.7 ft³ capacity – largest oven capacity in the US industry
- Two fully functional ovens that can be set at different temperatures
- Top cavity – 7”H; Lower cavity 13”H
- Both self-cleaning
- Lower oven gas convection
- Fan circulates air evenly allowing for even cooking that seals in flavor/juices
- Extension slide-out rack
Next is the GE Café™ Advantium Oven. It is Four Ovens in One!
- Traditional Convection Bake
- Warming/Proofing Oven (great when making those Thanksgiving rolls!)
- Sensor Microwave (perfect for warming up your Thanksgiving leftovers!)
It also has 175 preprogrammed recipes, a programmable nightlight, and a stainless steel interior.
I know either of those appliances would help make my holiday cooking easier! GE Café™ and BlogHer have also been nice enough to provide a $100 Visa gift card to give away to one lucky reader. To enter, just leave a comment telling me a tip you use to help make holiday cooking less stressful.
In addition, you can win your own GE Café™ Advantium 120V by sharing a recipe or tip between 11/10/11 – 11/30/11. Visit the GE Café™ Promotions and Prizes page for more details and a chance to win. Good luck!
You can also click on the image below to get more recipes for the GE Café ™ Thanksgiving progressive meal and for more chances to win!