I am a born and raised Utahn and love my state. With that love comes a love for products of Utah. Since 1937, Cache Valley has been offering delicious cheeses using only the highest-quality ingredients to Utahans and surrounding areas. It is the perfect ingredient to use in these Monte Cristo Crescents for fall entertaining.
Their dedication to quality means I can expect wholesome, expertly crafted cheese every time. So whenever possible, I reach for Cache Valley cheese to use in the kitchen. With a wide range of products from chunks to slices, Cache Valley has something for everyone and for every occasion.
Fall is my favorite season and with that comes fall entertaining. Today I have a recipe for you today that would work perfectly as an appetizer at your next gathering or it also works great for family mealtime too!
I love a good monte cristo sandwich and this recipe makes a smaller version of that using crescent roll dough, making the perfect appetizer sized version. I love the savory flavor of the turkey and ham paired with the creamy goodness of Cache Valley muenster cheese. It all gets wrapped in flaky crescent dough to create a bundle of goodness. Oh, and don’t forget about the sweet fruit jam to dip these babies in!
I know your guest will love these as much as my family does. They are so simple to put together but look amazingly beautiful to serve. Be sure to give them a dusting of powdered sugar right before serving.
Cache Valley Dairy Products
Cache Valley dairy products can be found at major retailers throughout Utah, including Smith’s and Walmart. It is also sold in other markets in the Mountain States at Walmart and several regional grocery stores, including Fresh Market, Ridley’s, Harmon’s Macey’s, Dan’s, Broulim’s, Red Apple, Reynold’s, Clark’s, Rancho Market, Ream’s and more. You can also learn more about Cache Valley products and history on Facebook at Cache Valley Cheese.
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 16 thin slices of turkey
- 16 thin slices of ham
- 8 slices Cache Valley muenster cheese, cut in half
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough. On each roll, at the wide end of the triangle, place 1 slice of ham folded in half and 1 slice of turkey folded in half followed by one half slice of cheese.
- Roll up like you normally would for a crescent roll and place on a baking sheet. Continue until all the rolls are done.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry jam for dipping. Makes 16 appetizers.
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cache Valley Cheese.