This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s the holiday season and that means entertaining time. With entertaining comes food and it’s a must for holiday parties. Using the De’Longhi Livenza Compact All Day Grill and De’Longhi Livenza Slow Cooker can help make your preparations for what ever you may be hosting even easier.
De’Longhi Livenza Compact All Day Grill
I have a tasty recipe for Eggnog Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup that is perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch and can be prepared in the De’Longhi Livenza Compact All Day Grill. With this grill, you get three kitchen appliances in one. With three interchangeable plates, this grill is also a sandwich and waffle maker.
Your dishes will be healthier, too, thanks to an integrated drip tray that collects excess oil during cooking. The De’Longhi’s compact design with a convenient cord wrap stores vertically inside any kitchen cabinet. The durable stainless steel interchangeable plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe, making cleanup virtually effortless.
There is even an app that provides recipes with step-by-step instructions. Grilling has never been easier or more convenient. This 3-in-1 kitchen favorite proves that little is the next big idea. I love to use it most for waffles or panini sandwiches.
These eggnog waffles are easy to make and they come our perfectly from the De’Longhi grill. They also get topped with a simple cinnamon syrup that has a little eggnog mixed in. I add some fresh cranberries on top for an extra festive touch and a dollop of whipped cream which adds that creamy element you get from a glass of eggnog.
De’Longhi Livena Slow Cooker
Featuring three cooking modes (low, medium, high), you can roast or sauté ingredients directly in the 6 qt stovetop-safe cooking pot before placing the insert in the slow cooker to finish your dish. I love using the LCD display digital programmable timer. You can program up to 24 hours with an automatic 12 hour warm. The best part for me though is that the lid and insert are dishwasher safe. However, the finish on the insert makes is so easy to effortlessly wash by hand.
The insert is just the right size for this cranberry cider recipe. It fills the entire thing. I also add in some fresh cranberries for a festive touch the cider along with a cinnamon stick for serving. The combination of juices and spices in this cider is perfect. I also love the color that the cranberry juice gives this cider.Print
- 2 qts cranberry juice
- 2 qts water
- 1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (5.5 oz) box or 3/4 cup red hots candy
- 1/2 of a
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- fresh cranberries and cinnamon sticks for serving, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients into a 6 qt or larger sized slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours, giving a stir about every hour.
- Serve in mugs with a few fresh cranberries and cinnamon stick of desired.
- Cuisine: Holiday, breakfast, brunch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- serve with cinnamon syrup and whipped cream
- Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk together to blend.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the eggnog, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk just until incorporated and few lumps remain. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Fill waffle wells and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until crisp and golden. Serve immediately. Yield: depends on the size/shape of your waffle iron. I got 9 waffles in mine.
- For the cinnamon syrup, stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a sauce pan.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix water and cornstarch together. Then pour into the saucepan with the sugar and bring to simmer. Whisk together and simmer for 2-3 minutes/
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla until the butter is melted.
- Cuisine: Holiday, breakfast, brunch