Valentine’s Day is this Sunday and I’m sharing a week’s worth of recipe to help you plan your meal. We are beginning with the main dish. It’s a easy roasted pork tenderloin.
My favorite cut of pork is the tenderloin. It always turns out perfectly tender and juicy. I honestly think it’s hard to mess up cooking a tenderloin.
This pork tenderloin is so easy to make. You just need a few spices along with some olive oil. The olive oil gets brushed over the pork tenderloin. This makes it possible for the seasonings to stick to the pork.
The seasonings are a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. This then gets rubbed all over the pork.
When you cook this easy roasted pork tenderloin, you cook it at 400 hundred for 10 minutes first. This basically sears the tenderloin to seal in the juices. Then you lower the heat to 350 degrees to cook it all the way through to reach a teperature of 145 degrees.
This dish may be fairly simple to make but it aways looks impressive. It is great to serve for company. Plus, it tastes amazing so your family or guests will walk away with a smile on their face.Print
- 4–5 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Brush entire pork roast with olive oil. Then rub the seasoning mixture on all sides of the tenderloin.
- Place pork in roasting pan fat side up.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees and cook for 20 minutes per pound until the internal temperature reads 145 degrees.
- Cover loosely with foil and allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board to slice for serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Real House Moms.