Frozen veggies are the base for this quick and simple easy creamy vegetable chowder. It’s a great way to use up those half or so empty bags that may be hanging out in your freezer.
You really can use whatever you want to make this as long as they are diced small think of a bag of peas and carrots, chopped broccoli, corn, etc. Small diced hashbrowns would also be perfect.
Easy Creamy Vegetable Chowder
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 5 cups frozen vegetables any combination just be sure they are diced small
- 4 ½ cups of water divided
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tsp chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot, melt butter and saute onion until tender.
- Add in the vegetables and 2 1/2 cups of the water. Cook over medium for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl whisk the milk and flour together and add it to the pot followed by the remaining 2 cups of water along with the bouillon, sage, salt and pepper. Simmer until thick.
- Mix the the Parmesan cheese until melted and serve. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Butter with a Slice of Bread.