I am a big fan of SUNCHIPS®. I love them for snacks or in place a regular chips for lunch. They also work great in recipes like this easy chicken enchilada soup. I love that they make them with whole grains.
Here are some fun facts about SUNCHIPS®.
- With at least 18 grams of whole grains per serving and less salt than you might think, SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks give you the option to snack better. For example, 1 oz. of SunChips® snacks has less sodium than 1 oz. of microwaveable popcorn.
- SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks are made with no MSG or artificial flavors or preservatives.
- SUNCHIPS® snacks make a delicious addition to game day festivities, dinner parties, lunch bag snacks and more. They fit perfectly with any occasion.
- SUNCHIPS® multigrain snacks are available in six unique and unexpected flavors, like Garden Salsa, Harvest Cheddar and 6 Grain Medley Parmesan & Herb.
Garden Salsa are my two favorite SUNCHIPS® flavors. I haven’t tried the 6 Grain Medley Parmesan & Herb, but can’t wit to try them. Not only are SUNCHIPS® great to snack on, they can even be used in your cooking. I tried one of their recipes for enchilada soup using the Harvest Cheddar SUNCHIPS®. You use the chips to help thicken and flavor the soup. I loved this soup. It ends ups being this nice thick and cream texture with chunks of chicken.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup SUNCHIPS® Harvest Cheddar Flavored Multigrain Snacks finely crushed (I just used the 1 1/2 oz bags and crushed them in the bags)
- 1 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz jar Tostitos Salsa
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Optional garnishes - additional crushed SUNCHIPS® Harvest Cheddar Flavored Multigrain Snacks shredded cheese, diced avocado, cilantro, sour cream
- Place salsa and crushed chip in blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, cook butter and flour over low heat for 7 minutes. Add taco seasoning and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add pureed chip/salsa mixture along with milk to the butter/flour mixture in the pot and whisk together..
- Add chicken to the mixture and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with desired garnishes. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from SunChips.
Disclosure: SunChips provided me with this pack and information and that all opinions expressed are your own.