I do love a nice hot breakfast! There is just something about waking up to the smell of something cooking in the morning. Well, today I have a tasty easy breakfast bake to wake up or it also works well for dinner.
This breakfast bake could really be considered more like a deep dish breakfast pizza. I love that it has everything in one – potatoes, egg, bacon, and cheese!
- 1 pkg. crescent roll dough
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 green onion, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, optional
- additional green onion for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a lightly greases 9×13 inch pan, press crescent roll dough in the bottom of the pan, pinching seams together to seal.
- Spread frozen hash browns and green onion over dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together and pour over the hash browns. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set in center.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and place back in the oven until melted. Serve warm. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Southern Plate.