I saw a recipe for baked beans that included diced apples in the recipe. It sounded interesting to me. I have had baked beans with pineapple in them but never apple.
This is a recipe that I developed to make some easy baked beans involving the apple. They are the perfect accompaniment to any barbecue meal.
This recipe is as simple enough as mixing together canned pork and bean, onion, apple, bbq sauce, brown sugar and green pepper.
Pour the mixture into a greased 11 x 7 baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 30-40 minutes until they reach the desired thickness. It’s that easy!
I am sure Dad would love them as part of his Father’s Day meal. The apple adds a nice flavor and new texture to the easy beans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Easy Apple Baked Beans in a slow cooker or crockpot?
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a slow cooker by cooking on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Can I prepare this dish ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make Easy Apple Baked Beans ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or on the stovetop. They often taste even better the next day.
Can I adjust the sweetness of the baked beans?
Yes, you can adjust the sweetness by varying the amount of brown sugar or using different types of sweeteners like maple syrup or honey.
What can I serve with Easy Apple Baked Beans?
They pair well with grilled meats, hot dogs, burgers, or as a side dish for a barbecue or picnic.
- PORK AND BEANS OR CANNED BAKED BEANS
- GRANNY SMITH APPLE
- HONEY BARBECUE SAUCE
- BROWN SUGAR
- GREEN PEPPER
Easy Apple Baked Beans
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 can (15.5 oz each) pork and beans or canned baked beans
- 1 medium granny smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ green pepper chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until beans reach desired thickness. I like my beans thick so I cook them for the 40 minutes. They will thicken a little more as they cool. Yield: 6 servings.