These Deep Dish Fudgy Oatmeal Bars bring oatmeal cookie bars to a whole new level. They are seriously filled with a layer of sugar sweet fudge in the middle!
This one is definitely a crowd pleaser and the texture is amazing. First, you have a nice chewy cookie as the base. Then, sandwiched in between that chewy cookie base is a rich and creamy chocolaty fudge layer. It’s like the chocolate fudge and oatmeal cookies had a baby!
Since this bars are so rich and fudgy you want to cut them a little smaller than you would normally think. You can easily make 15-18 servings with this sweetly decadent dessert bar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and eggs together. Add the vanilla and milk and mix to combine.
- Spread 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add all of the fudge ingredients. Cook over medium heat until completely melted and combined. Once melted, pour over the 2/3 cookie mixture in the pan.
- Next, drop spoonfuls of the remaining cookie dough over the top of the fudge. You wan t fudge peeking out in between the spoonfuls of cookie mix.
- Place the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes. If the top is getting browned after 15 minutes, cover with foil. Allow to cool completely or the fudge won’t remain in the middle. Cut into squares.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudgy, oatmeal, cookie, bars
This recipe is adapted from High Heels and Grills.