I have other recipes similar to this crock pot fiesta chicken, but one ingredient makes this one different. That ingredient is a package of Hidden Valley fiesta ranch dip.
The chicken gets placed in the crock pot and them sprinkled with the Fiesta Ranch dip mix. After that you add in black beans, tomatoes with green chilies, and corn. After that, you squeeze fresh limes over it all before serving. It is perfect to use on nachos, in tacos or burritos, or even over rice.
There is even another option for serving this chicken. You add in a package of cream cheese. Give it time to melt. Then you end up with a crock pot creamy fiest chicken. Either way you choose, it’s delicious.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg HIdden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix (by the salad dressing)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) can Rotel (tomates with green chilies)
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges
1. Add the chicken and place all the ingredients on top of it with except limes in the crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred. Add the chicken back to the crock pot.
4. Squeeze the limes over the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
5. Serve on nachos, in tacos or burritos, or over rice. Serves 6.
For a cream version, add 8 oz of cream cheese after the chicken has been shredded. Cook for another 30-60 minutes until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Category: chicken
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from Eating on a Dime.