This recipe for crock pot chili dogs comes from my tried and true file. I absolutely love recipes you can just dump in the crock pot and have it ready at dinner time. This is another recipe that I got years ago from a Quick Cooking Magazine (now Simple and Delicious). Yummy, it’s a family favorite.
There’s also more than enough chili topping for these dogs. We use the extra topping to dip corn chips in. The topping is made with canned chili, canned cheddar cheese soup, and canned green onion.
Let me also recommend you eat these chili dogs with a fork and knife. They are pretty messy. The recipe calls for chili without beans. However, I have used chili with bean in it. Or you can use 1 can chili with beans and one can without. I really like to have some beans on my chili dog! It makes it heartier. You can top these with shredded cheese, fresh diced onion, and corn chips.
- HOT DOGS
- CANNED CHILI WITHOUT BEANS
- CANNED CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- CANNED GREEN CHILIES
- HOT DOG BUNS
- CORN CHIPS
- SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 10 hot dogs
- 2 (15 oz) cans without beans
- 1 (10-3/4 oz) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt.slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili, soup and green chilies; pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve hot dogs in buns; top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips and cheese. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Quick Cooking.