Right now, I am on the hunt for recipes that I can make without using my oven. I am looking for recipes using your stove top, grill, microwave or crock pot. Summer here is way too hot, especially in July. I don’t want to add to the heat by turning on the oven. I found this recipe for Creamy Ranch Chicken at Stephanie’s Kitchen, that can be made on the stove top.
It is quite tasty and the ranch flavor was a delicious change. My one son couldn’t eat the pasta unless he had a bite of of this yummy chicken with it.
Update: I have also make this with leftover cooked chicken. I just skip the part to cook the chicken and make the sauce using the bacon drippings and sprinkle it with flour and salad dressing mix.
- 3 cups dry medium noodles(rotini works too)
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces **see note
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start your water for your pasta. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 Tbsp drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over chicken; stir well to coat the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
- Serve the chicken over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serves 4.
I have also make this with leftover cooked chicken. I just skip the part to cook the chicken and make the sauce using the bacon drippings and sprinkle it with flour and salad dressing mix.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in April 2017.