As we are heading into the fall season, comfort foods is starting to hit the weekly meal plan. This creamy beef pasta happens to be one of those comforting dishes.
This easy dish is ready in about 30 minutes. Pasta and beef get coated in a flavorful sauce make with spices, tomato sauce, cream, and cheese. Plus, pasta is always a family pleasing meal.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- optional – garnish with parmesan cheese
- In a large, deep skillet saute diced onions in the olive oil until they begin to soften. Add in the ground beef to the skillet and cook until fully cooked. Drain excess grease.
- Add in the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to coat.
- Add in the tomato sauce and broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook Rotini according to pasta directions. Drain.
- Add the cream and pasta to the sauce, stirring until combined. Add in the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Cookie and Cups.