One of my family’s favorite enchiladas is sour cream chicken enchiladas. They love that creamy chicken filling topped with that white creamy sauce.
I love them too, but I also like an enchilada with chicken and a traditional red sauce. The recipe I am sharing today brings the best of both of those enchiladas together into one.
These enchiladas have a beautiful creamy chicken filling made with rich cream cheese, sautéed onion, salsa, and cumin. Then the enchiladas get coated with a traditional red sauce along with a sprinkling of cheese. Everyone was on board for these cream cheese chicken enchiladas. These are definitely going into our regular meal rotation.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 diced onion
- 1 Tbso butter
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 sliced optional green onions
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until translucent and slightly browned. Mix in chicken, cream cheese, salsa and cumin. Stir until combined and cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/3 of enchilada sauce in bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll like a cigar. Place seam side down on enchilada sauce. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 350 degreesf or 30-40 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and golden brown. Garnish with sliced green onions and sour cream. Serves 5..
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen.