I have a fun way for you to jazz up a cup of hot chocolate or hot cocoa today. Instead of Marshmallows, how about some Cool Whip shapes for hot chocolate/cocoa?
I made mine into snowflakes but hearts would be super cute for Valentines! I used Cool Whip to make these because it was quick and convenient, but you could whip up some whipped cream if you’d like. You would just need 2 cups of sweetened whipped cream.
Since these Cool Whip is spread out in a thin layer you have to work kind of quick because it does thaw pretty fast. This is a great time to get the kids in there and get their own shape.
I got these snowflake cookie cutters from Amazon to use for mine.
- 1 (8 oz) container of thawed Cool Whip or 2 cups of prepared sweetened whipped cream
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil.
- Spread the Cool Whip or whipped cream out into the pan in an even layer.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Then cut shapes out using a cookie cutter. Be sure to press all the way down and then pull up.
Adapted from No Biggie.