Today is exactly 4 years since I started my blog. I know, right? It is so hard to believe I have been plugging away at this for 4 years now, but it is so fun to see what it has become. So to celebrate my blogoversary, I have a cake in a mug that includes two of my favorite flavors – chocolate and nutella! Now if you are opposed to nutella, by all means do peanut butter instead.
The recipe today also happens to be one from the blog that I originally starting following and inspired me to begin my own – Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. I thought it would be a perfect way to celebrate. Thanks so much for being my inspiration Melanie! I am so grateful to have such wonderful followers and I hope I can continue making family meal time something you look forward to and enjoy with your family. I also hope that the recipes are ones that you will be able to pass along to your children and they begin their lives away from home.
Now this cake has the best of both worlds in my opinion since it includes both nutella and chocolate. You end up with a nice warm brownie-like, yummy, heavenly, ooey-gooey mess. Add some vanilla ice cream to prevent from going into a chocolate coma, or if that is what you are looking for then go for this cake straight up with no ice cream to mellow it out.
I am also throwing in a giveaway for the celebration, so pop on over to the giveaway page to enter.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp nutella
- Dash of vanilla
- Dash of salt
- ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all of the above ingredients until blended.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of a large coffee mug.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes until nice and puffed up. Remember it is best to undercook is best or it can get a strange texture.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired. Serves 1-2 depending on how much chocolate your body needs and how heavy of a chocolate coma you want to be placed in.