With lemon week, I couldn’t have you just have all sweets. So, I have a lovely savory dish for you today.
One of my favorite dishes to order at a Chinese restaurant is lemon chicken. However, with this tasty recipe I can now make it at home and it’s just as good.
Juicy chunks of chicken get coated with a simple breading and then gets crisped up in some oil. Those tender bites then get bathed with a perfectly tangy lemon sauce! Make this, you’ll love it!
Chinese Lemon Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Add chicken to a 1 gallon sized ziploc bag along with the salt, lemon pepper, and flour. Seal bag and toss together until chicken is fully coated.
- Heat some canola oil in a skillet. Remove chicken from the ziploc bag shaking off any excess flour and cook in the oil.
- Cook until all chicken pieces are brown. The reduce the heat to low and allow chicken to cook for about 5 more minutes to cook all the way through.
- Remove chicken from pan and allow to drain while you cook the sauce.
- In a sauce pan, add the sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened and sugar is dissolved.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice and top with the lemon sauce. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Deals to Meals.