I have a few soups recipes on my site that include wild rice and chicken. They are all delicious. However, I did’t have one that included bacon until I got this recipe for Chicken, Bacon, and Wild Rice Soup.
I got this recipe from a friend at work. She was telling me how she was having make this soup for a large group and we were discussing how many batches she should make to feed everyone. After our discussion, I ended up asking her about the actual recipe and found out it included bacon. She told me how much her boys love the recipe and I figured my family would love it too!
This recipe comes together quickly on the stove top. It was simple to make and the bacon was a welcomed addition. We loved this soup and it is one I will definitely be making on a regular basis.
Chicken, Bacon, and Wild Rice Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 box Uncle Ben's Fast Cook Wild Rice
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ cup diced green onion green parts only
- 1 ½ cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 14 oz cans or 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to pkg directions.
- in a stock pot, melt butter. Add in flour and cook for 1 minute until thickened. Slowly whisk half and half. Cook until thickened. Add in the remaining ingredients. Cook until thickened and heated through. If needed, you can add water to thin if needed. Serves 8.