This post contains affiliate links.
I love stuffed pasta shells but these chicken Alfredo stuffed shells are even better than the classic. They were also a big hit with the family.
This recipe used jarred alfredo sauce that is made even better with the addition of cream cheese. However, if you want to make the sauce from scratch these chicken Alfredo stuffed shells would be even better. If you do, you can skip the cream cheese in there. I have a sauce recipe that is quick enough to make, but the jarred sauce makes it super easy.
The filling for this is comprised of cooked, chicken, mozzarella cheese, cooked bacon, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and dry ranch dressing mix. If you prefer, you can use ricotta in place of the cottage cheese. Plus, you can leave the bacon out, but if you can include it, I highly recommend it. I mean everything is better with bacon!
After you have cooked your shells and stuffed them with your filling, you will add some alfredo sauce to the bottom of the pan. Then place all the shells into the pan. Next, you pour the rest of the Alfredo sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese. Last, just cover with aluminum foil and bake. It takes about 20-30 minutes until it’s all hot and bubbly.
If you want to brown that cheese, you can add it back in the oven under the broiler. however, this step isn’t necessary. You can also sprinkle some fresh parsley over the shells for serving. It makes them pretty, but this also isn’t necessary.
- ALFREDO SAUCE
- CREAM CHEESE
- JUMBO PASTA SHELLS
- COOKED CHICKEN
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- COTTAGE CHEESE ( OR RICOTTA CHEESE)
- RANCH DRESSING MIX
- FRESH PARSLEY, OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4–5 servings 1x
- 1 (15-16 oz) jar Alfredo Sauce
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese, divided
- 28 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup cottage cheese ( or ricotta cheese)
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Cook the pasta shells to al dente, drain well.
- In the meantime, melt 5 oz of the cream cheese with the jar of alfredo sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, ½ cup the mozzarella cheese, the remaining 3 ounces of cream cheese, cottage cheese, bacon and powdered ranch mix. Once shells have cooked, fill shells with the filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add a small amount of alfredo sauce onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish. You just need enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the stuffed shells into the pan.
- Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over top of the pasta shells. Then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly!
- Optional – to brown the top of your casserole after baking, remove the foil and place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy! Serves 4-5.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe is adapted from Bowl Me Over.