Today’s recipe is a really quick and easy one. It is a fabulous cheesy potato bread that works great with a bowl of soup. I got it from a cookbook that I check out of the library. I’m pretty sure it came from one of Debbie G. Harman’s cookbooks. She has several out and I have looked at her books Cooking for Two and Family Dinner Cookbook. These are both great with recipes that are very similar to the type I make.
The Cooking for Two is a great book to give newlyweds and empty nesters. She has a lot of recipe in there that are similar to mine, but she has scaled them all down for two people. I know she has a recipe in there for Texas Sheet Cake and instead of making a big jelly roll pan, I think it makes an 8 x 8 inch pan size.
Anyway, I was really surprised with the results you get with this Cheesy Potato Bread recipe.
It’s a great way to use up leftover potatoes and there is no yeast in this dough, but when you see the finished product, you’d never guess that. It makes a very deliciously tender and dense bread. You could even mix things up by changing the type of cheese you use. I also think you could mix in some dried spies to the dough to add another twist to this bread. I enjoyed my piece of cheesy potato bread with some butter on it.
Then today I am also sharing my top 15 bread recipes that go great with soup.
I couldn’t narrow my list down to just 10 like I did with the soups. I love bread and their so many varieties it was hard for me to choose, but I got my list down to 15.
- 15. Hawaiian Bread – This bread is fun and different and gets it sweetness from pineapple juice.
- 14. Blitz Bread – This is a fun and easy bread that is excellent for dunking into soup, similar to a focaccia.
- 13. Cuban Bread – The bead is deliciously chewy and dense bread has a deep brown crust.
- 12. German Scones – These scones are excellent. You’ll also fine a recipe for cinnamon honey butter along with this. YUM!
- 11. Mimi’s Carrot Raisin Bread – At Mimi’s Café they often serve their carrot raisin bread on the side of a bowl of soup. This recipe tastes just like it.
- 10. Biscuit Sticks – These easy buttery biscuits come in bread stick form.
- 9. Italian Bread Bowls – Occasionally soup is excellent served in a bread bowl and this is a great recipe just for that.
- 8. Five Star Cornbread – this is my favorite recipe for cornbread and it goes excellent with a chili or Mexican type soup. Don’t forget the honey butter with this either.
- 7. Easy Cheesy Roll – This rolls are so quick and easy thanks to canned biscuit dough. These cheese stuffed rolls would go excellent with an Italian type soup. This is a must have recipe.
- 6. One Hour Wheat Bread – Yes you can have homemade wheat bread in an hour.
Now on to the top 5 recipes!
- 5. French Bread – You can’t have soup without a good French bread recipe. This one is excellent and easy.
- 4. Easy Potato Rolls – I love this deliciously tender potato rolls and make them often.
- 3. Easy Peasant Bread – This bread is so easy, anyone can make it and it’s oh so good.
- 2. Divine Breadsticks – Bread sticks are also a must for me with soup. These ones are easy and delicious. Love it!
- 1. 30 Minute Rolls, Molly’s Rolls, or Lion House Rolls – now I put three recipes here for my #1 pick. That’s because they are all very similar in taste and texture. However, depending on how much time you have will decide which recipe to use. The loner they take the better they are, but they really are all excellent. The 30 minute rolls obviously take 30 minutes to make. Molly’s Rolls take about 1 1/2 hours to make. Lion House Rolls take the longest but are the most beautiful. These ones take about 3 hours to make. Any of these rolls are also great to serve with Raspberry Butter.