This Cheesy Fiesta Pasta Bake is a recipe that came with The Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club meal planner. I must admit I usually don’t like mac and cheese dishes that you make with Velveeta. I usually only like Velveeta if you use it in a dip. However, this version was not bad.
I made a small dish of this for me with everything. Then for the rest of my family I left out the tomatoes and green pepper. This recipe also says it serves 5 with a cost per serving of 96 cents. If I was serving this as a main dish again I either need a good portions of side dishes or I need to make 1 1/2 recipes.
My oldest son was gone to scout camp when I made this, so there were only 4 of us that night for dinner. This dish was completely gone. I do think it would also make a wonderful side dish. I like what the little bit of cumin, tomatoes , and green pepper added to this. Next time, I think I’m gonna try green onion in place of the green pepper. My husbands loved this dish and his favorite part was the saltine crackers on the top.
- VELVEETA PASTEURIZED PREPARED CHEESE PRODUCT
- MEDIUM-SIZE PASTA (I USED SHELLS)
- GREEN PEPPERS
- GROUND CUMIN
- GARLIC POWDER
- KRAFT MEXICAN STYLE FINELY SHREDDED FOUR CHEESE
- PREMIUM SALTINE CRACKERS
Cheesy Fiesta Pasta Bake
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup milk
- ½ lb. 8 oz. VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups medium-size pasta cooked, drained (I used shells)
- 1 cup each chopped tomatoes and green peppers
- ¼ tsp. each ground ground cumin and garlic powder
- ½ cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 6 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers crushed (about ¼ cup)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK milk and VELVEETA in medium saucepan on low heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, peppers and seasonings.
- SPOON into 1½-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Mix butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.