If you are in the mood for some comfort food, then this cheesy chicken noodle bake is just what you are looking for! This is a new family favorite now! It’s a great dish when you need to take a meal to someone too.
This dish is similar to a Utah side dish we call funeral potatoes or what is in other parts of the United States you call party potatoes. It’s a creamy cheesy potato side dish. However there is no potatoes in the cheesy chicken noodle bake. Instead of the potatoes you have chicken and noodles.
This cooked chicken and wide egg noodles are surrounded with a sauce made from sour cream, cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese. You mix all this together with the noodles and chicken and spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Now that potato casserole that I compare this dish to often has a topping of more cheese or some crushed cornflakes mixed with some melted butter. This noodles bake also includes a crunchy topping but it is not cornflakes. It’s actually crushed Ritz cracker mixed with some melted butter. It’s the perfect buttery crunchy toping for this dish. It made me think of my recipe for poppyseed chicken that is also topped with Ritz crackers!
Oh man! This delish is so amazingly delicious. Plus, it fairly simple to put together. It’s the perfect way to use that rotisserie chicken that you can grab from Costco or the grocery store!
- SOUR CREAM
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- WIDE EGG NOODLES
- RITZ CRACKERS
Cheesy Chicken Noodle Bake
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 ¾ oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, cooked to pkg directions
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, sour cream, soup and cheeses. The fold in the cooked chicken and cooked noodles. Pour into prepared dish.
- On another bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of the chicken and noodles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.
This recipe is adapted from Fake Ginger.