Today is the last day of the Virtual Progressive Thanksgiving dinner. I had fun and here is a recap of the weeks recipes.
Mustard Crusted Turkey from Food for my Family, Bread Stuffing with Seasonal Fruits and Herbs from Simple Bites, Apples and Cranberries baked in a Pumpkin from Eat at Home, Ultimate Slow Cooked Mashed Potatoes and Slow Cooker Brown-Sugared Baby Carrots from Moi, and Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle from Hoosier Homemade.
Today is also the last day of Thanksgiving week at Real Mom Kitchen. I hope you have found some inspiration for your meal. Since it is the last day, what else would we end with but dessert. Now I decided to be a little unconventional this year and do a cake instead of pie. However, it still has all of those fabulous fall flavors. It is a caramel apple gingerbread cake. I got the recipe from Lucky Leaf. This dessert is so simple but it will look like to took a lot of effort to make. All you need is a gingerbread cake mix, a can of apple pie filling, caramel ice cream topping, and sweetened whipped cream. So easy and so yummy.
Here are some other yummy dessert recipes that would be perfect for Thanksgiving:
Apple Mini Crostadas
Blueberry Banana Cream Pie
Easy Key Lime Pie
Banana Cream Pie and Chunky Monkey Pie
Banana Cream Pie (another version)
French Silk Pie
Black Forest Cheesecake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Pumpkin Brownie Sundaes
Pumpkin Cranberry Spice Cake
Caramelized Apple Waffle Pastries
I wanted to let you know what is coming up on Real Mom Kitchen. Next week is Comfort Week. I will be posting recipes all week that are those yummy comfort foods that we love to crave at this time of year. Then the week of Thanksgiving, I will be sharing a few recipes for you to use up the leftovers from your Thanksgiving feast.
Caramel Apple Gingerbread Cake
- 1 package (14.5-ounce) gingerbread mix(I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 can (21 oz.) LUCKY LEAF APPLE PIE FILLING
- 1/4 cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions. Fold the apple pie filling into the batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool about 30 minutes. Serve cake with caramel and whipped topping. Makes 9 servings