Today’s recipe would be a great dish for entertaining or a easy weeknight dinner. This Calabrian-Style Chicken with Beans is similar to foil dinners that I grew up with. However, this uses parchment paper. You can also vary the spices and veggies for a different variation of the dish.
The possibilities are endless. I am thinking it would be fabulous with pinto and black beans along with corn, roasted red peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and green chilies. This Calabrian-style chicken and beans is the last of the fun dishes I learned form Connie Gutterson while in Montana.
- BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST
- SALT AND PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- FRESH OREGANO
- FRESH THYME
- FRESH FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
- RED CHILI FLAKES
- CANNELLINI BEANS (I PREFER BUSH’S®)
- RED KIDNEY BEANS (I PREFER BUSH’S®)
- BROCCOLI FLORETS
- SUN-DRIED TOMATOES IN OIL
- CANNED ARTICHOKE HEARTS
- PARCHMENT PAPER
Calabrian-Style Chicken with Beans
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley minced
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 can 15.5 ounces Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed (I prefer BUSH'S®)
- 1 can 15.5 ounces Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed (I prefer BUSH'S®)
- 10 ounces broccoli florets chopped
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil julienned
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into ½-inch slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken slices with the remaining ingredients and toss to completely coat chicken with olive oil, fresh herbs and vegetables.
- Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture into 6 piles on 6 half sheets of parchment paper.
- In the center of each sheet, place the vegetable mixture then top with 2 slices of chicken. Crimp and fold edges of the paper to form a seal.
- Place the 6 packs on a baking sheet. Bake for 20–25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. I like to serve them in the parchment packets.